Vorhies Cemetery is located on what used to be the Vorhies Farm. It is located on a hill and not visible from the road, with concrete steps leading to the gate at the top of the embankment. It is surrounded by chain link fence, with a double gate opening into the driveway of the neighbor to the north.
There are 16 tombstones that are located at the back of the lot, with the oldest dated 1830 and the most recent dated 1903. There may be many now unmarked graves on the front two thirds of the lot. It is thought that there maybe a mass grave (unidentified) with persons who worked on the planned Canal that was to be built from Indianapolis down to the southern part of the state. Connecting Indianapolis to the Ohio river.
The lot itself is about 60’ X 250’ in length. There is a brick structure, approximately 10’ square on the NW corner, no identification or inscriptions are visible. Portions of the brick are covered with a thin masonry coat, presumably to help preserve the brick and mortar structure. Three circular air vents are present, one on the front and two on the rear. An open wood door can be seen on one side of the structure. Six iron pieces are mortared around the front and appear to be part of the original door frame. Rounded, decorative tile remains on the SE top corner. The structure itself is thought to be a mausoleum or a cold storage building.